The action-packed alternate fantasy returns for a new generation, featuring fiction from number-one New York Times best-selling author George R. R. Martin, Michael Cassutt, Melinda M. Snodgrass, Lewis Shiner, and more – plus two completely new stories from Kevin Andrew Murphy and best-selling author Carrie Vaughn.
Forty years after the Wild Card Virus’ release, the World Health Organization decides it’s time to take a delegation of Aces, Jokers, politicians, and journalists on a fact-finding mission to learn how other countries are dealing with the virus that reshaped humanity. Leading the team is Gregg Hartmann, a senator with presidential aspirations and a dangerous ace up his sleeve. Joining him is a menagerie of some of the series’ best and most popular Wild Cards, including Dr. Tachyon; aces Peregrine and Golden Boy; and jokers Chrysalis, Troll, and Father Squid.
From the jungles of Haiti and Peru to the tumultuous political climate of Egypt, from a monastery in Japan to the streets of the most glamorous cities of Europe, the Wild Cards are in for an eye-opening trip. While some are worshiped as actual gods, those possessing the most extreme mutations are treated with a contempt that’s all too familiar to the delegates from Jokertown. New alliances will be formed, new enemies will be made, and some actions will fulfill centuries-old prophecies that make ripples throughout the future of the Wild Cards universe.
Various Roles Read by a Full Cast of Narrators:
- Joann Jefferson read by Donnabella Mortel (“Always Spring in Prague”)
- Peregrine read by Kathleen Turner (“Down by the Nile”)
- Chrysalis read by Selma Blair
- Sen. Gregg Hartmann/Puppetman read by Clancy Brown
- Yeoman Brennan read by Adrian Paul
- Xavier Desmond read by Armin Shimerman (“From the Journal of Xavier Desmond”)
- Dr. Tachyon read by Raphael Sbarge (“Mirrors of the Soul”)
- Cordelia Chaisson read by Kasey Lansdale (“Down in the Dreamtime”)
- Ti Malice read by Nicholas Guy Smith
- Jayewardene read by Sanjit de Silva (“The Teardrop of India”)
- Troll read by Richard Moll (“Warts and All”)
- Sara Morgenstern read by Emily Rankin
- Xbalanque read by Noel Bearheart
- Wilfried Molniya read by Stefan Rudnicki (“Legends”)
- Hunapu read by Ozzie Rodriguez
- Mackie Messer read by PJ Ochlan
- Misha/Kahina read by Yasmine Barghouty
- Fortunato read by Prentice Onayemi (“Zero Hour”)